Texas Vehicle of the Year Awards Finalists Announced
HOUSTON– January 8, 2019 - The finalists for the inaugural Texas Motor Press Association Texas Vehicle of the Year awards were announced today. This year, the finalists are:
Car of the Year:
Toyota Corolla Hatchback
Crossover of the Year:
SUV of the Year:
Hyundai Santa Fe
Truck of the Year:
Chevrolet Silverado 1500
GMC Sierra 1500
A selected group of jurors from the Texas Motor Press Association’s membership chose the finalists after being charged with finding not just the best new or significantly refreshed vehicles on the market by Nov. 1, 2018, but the ones that are also best for Texans.
This year’s jury consisted of members of the automotive press who have a significant audience in Texas:
- Michael Herzing (SB Nation Radio)
- David Stall (KCBQ)
- Nicole Wakelin (freelance including Autobytel and BestRide)
- Chad Kirchner (freelance including AutoGuide.com, The Drive, The Truth About Cars)
- Alexander Dykes (Alex on Autos)
- Michael Garfield (High Tech Texan/KPRC/iHeartRadio)
- Alan Gell (KBFC-FM, Focus Daily News)
- William Owney (motorcarsnow.com)
- Gregory Riley (Let’s Talk Wheels, Old Cars Weekly)
- Steve Smirnis (Estate Life Magazines)
- Adam Moore (TXGarage.com)
- Matt Perrault (SB Nation Radio)
- Jerry Perez (The Drive)
- Manuel Carrillo (Roadshow by CNET)
- Eileen Falkenberg-Hull (Trucks.com, American City Business Journals, U.S. News & World Report)
The Texas Motor Press Association will announce the winners of the Texas Vehicle of the Year awards at the Houston Auto Show on Jan. 23.
“The Texas Motor Press Association is proud to recognize the top contenders in the automotive industry in terms of new vehicle innovation, drivability, and design with the Texas Vehicle of the Year Awards,” said Michael Herzing, President, Texas Motor Press Association. “Jurors spent thousands of hours in 2018 test driving the newest vehicles on the market to help them cast informed votes.”
Representatives from the Texas Motor Press Association are available for interviews upon request.
About Texas Motor Press Association
Texas Motor Press Association (TxMPA) is a registered 501(c)3 organization that is focused on bringing together automotive industry professionals to create informed content highlighting various facets of the industry in ways that register with a Texas-based audience and beyond.
The membership is made up of automotive industry journalists that cover cars, trucks, SUVs, ATVs, and UTVs in a variety of media as well as professionals that represent corporate interests in the automotive community. TxMPA members represent the best of the Texas automotive industry. Media members have engaged, interested, enthusiastic, and influential audiences that span the media landscape. The membership is as diverse in coverage and membership as the state itself.